Who we are
Thus, in accordance with and for the purpose of EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (General Regulation on Data Protection, hereinafter “RGPD”), the company NewAlliance – IT Solutions, Lda ., taxpayer No. 513749489, headquartered at Praça de Londres nº3, 4ºEsq, Lisbon, 1000-191 (hereinafter referred to as “COMPANY”), gives the following information:
General types of cookies
There are several types of cookies, depending on their characteristics and functions, and they can remain on the user's computer or mobile device for different periods of time:
- Session cookies – are automatically cleared when the browser is closed;
- Persistent cookies – remain on the user's equipment until a predetermined period.
In particular, "technical cookies" do not require such consent, that is, those used for the sole purpose of transmitting a communication through an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary to provide a service expressly requested by the user. These are, in other words, cookies that are indispensable for the functioning of the online portal or necessary to carry out activities requested by the user, namely: "analytics cookies" when used directly by the manager of the online portal to collect information, in aggregate, about the number of users and how they visit the website, browsing or session cookies (to authenticate themselves), functionality cookies that allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example , the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided to it.
For "profile creation cookies", that is, those designed to create profiles relating to the user and used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of internet browsing, the prior consent of the user is required. The online portal uses the following cookies that can be unmarked, with the exception of third-party cookies for which the user must refer directly to the respective modes of marking and unmarking the respective cookies, indicated through links:
Types of technical cookies
Below is a description of the technical cookies commonly used by web platforms:
- Browsing or session cookie – strictly necessary for the functioning of the online portal or to allow the user to use the content and services requested by him.
- Analytics cookies – allow you to understand how the online portal is used by users. These cookies do not collect information about the user's identity, nor any personal data since the information is treated in an aggregated and anonymous way.
- Functionality Cookies – used to activate specific functionality of the online portal and a series of selected criteria (eg language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided.
- Profile creation cookies – used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user in the context of internet browsing.
- Third-party cookies – referring to online portals or web servers other than the COMPANY, used for their own purposes, including profile creation cookies. It is necessary that these third parties, listed below with the respective links to the privacy policies, are independent holders of the processing of data collected through the cookies served by them; therefore, the user must consult their personal data processing policies, information and consent forms (marking and unmarking of the respective cookies).
As a complement, it should also be noted that the COMPANY does what is reasonably required to be able to monitor cookies on its online portal. These are regularly updated on the landing page at the link below, where we provide transparency about cookies sent directly by the COMPANY and about their purpose, as well as specific reference to cookies sent by third parties through our online portal.
As already noted, the COMPANY assigns third-party cookie providers the responsibility to provide the privacy statement and collect the consent of users. This responsibility refers not only to cookies that third parties send directly, but also to any additional cookies that are sent through our online portal as a result of the use of services from which the third parties themselves benefit. Regarding these cookies, sent by service providers of these third parties, the COMPANY cannot exercise any control and does not know their characteristics or purposes.
The following are links to information about third-party cookies:
Specific cookies used on the platform
Settings related to cookies
The user can make a choice regarding the receipt of profiling cookies. Failure to authorize the indicated cookies (profiling) will not affect the functioning of the online portal. The user may block or eliminate (in whole or in part) technical or functionality cookies through specific functions of their browser. However, the user is informed that the non-authorization of technical cookies may prevent the use of the online portal, the visualization of its contents and the use of the respective services. Inhibiting functionality cookies may mean that some services or certain functions of the online portal are not available or not working correctly and you may be required to change or manually enter some information or preferences each time you visit the online portal.
The choices made by the user in relation to the cookies on the online portal will, in turn, be recorded in a specific cookie. This cookie, however, may in some circumstances not work correctly: in these cases, it is recommended that the user delete cookies that are not appreciated and inhibit their use through the functions of his browser as well.
User preferences regarding cookies will be reconfigured if different devices or browsers are used to access the online portal.
How to view and modify cookies through the browser
The user can select which cookies he wishes to authorize through the proper procedure provided for on the page referred to in the link above regarding detailed information on cookies sent by the COMPANY, as well as allow, block or exclude (in whole or in part) the cookies through specific functions from your browser.
For more information on setting and specifying preferences regarding cookies, please follow the specific instructions for the following browsers: